This is a mini project for me to practice Unity3D.
- Prologue by Eric Skiff
- Jumpshot by Eric Skiff
- Game Over tune from OpenGameArt by avgvsta
I encourage every aspiring game developer to make classic games like this game to practice his/her own craft.
Game mechanics core functionality:
- Spawn a random shape of tetramino.
- Move down the tetramino over time.
- Receive input from user (left-right key to navigate, down key to accelerate down).
- Rotate the tetramino.
- Stopping the tetramino when they reach bottom or other tetraminos, then spawn a new tetramino.
- Map the tetramino in a 2D array of boolean when it stops going down.
- Check for game over.
- Check for finished row after mapping.
- If there is a finished row, destroy the row, add score, move all remaining blocks above downward by one unit, and remap the 2D array.
All the scripts are available on my GitHub page: https://www.github.com/bambangsusanto/tetris-cover.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.